“The influence of a vital person vitalizes, there's no doubt about it.” —Joseph Campbell
3rd Wheel exists to vitalize and serve community with high quality facilitated drum circles, cultural music education programs and performances, drum lessons, and one of a kind workshops! Our focus is to stimulate the mind and body, increase wellness in individuals and groups, relieve stress, share different cultures, foster critical listening skills, create synergy with others, and to have fun! Drumming in groups is an ancient, holistic, cutting edge, and research based way to do all of this!!!
LIST OF SERVICES
Programs For Schools
Drum Circle Facilitation
- School Drum Circles An innovative, fun, and research based approach to group drumming, cultural and self awareness, and life skills. See Programs For Schools for available school programming.
- Business Drum Circles Transformative team building activities that increase morale, decrease burn out, and foster teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- Special Needs Groups Drum Circles Tailor made drumming programs for specific goals such as executive functioning, bi-lateral movement, increased cognitive functioning, circulation, and more.
- Special Events Drum Circles Drum Circles by design for your special event, birthday, wedding, and more.
- Drum Circles for Specific Age Groups Programs geared specifically for your target audience. From Drum With Me Baby all the way up to music programs for assisted living facilities, we will help you achieve the benefits of movement and music programs for your population.
- Flammable Babylon
- Ibex Puppetry
- Florida Tribal Dance
- Voci Modern Dance
- Tam Tam Africa
Special Workshops with the Jammin! School
- Tutor Rescue
- Mac Tech
- Community Resource
- Mark is fun and easy to appreciate. His classes are a compliment to the serious student and yet simple enough for the "dabbler." His respectful demeanor and compassionate understanding of the "Western" mind and it's default rhythm pattern makes it easy to learn new and exciting drum patterns. And very important to me, he never finds fault even when I am way off beat. —Rev. Michael B. Stone, Orlando
- Mark,thanks so much for your skill and patience with me, a novice drummer. You gave me a strong introduction to djembe techniques and rhythms, and inspired me to buy a drum. I had only six or so classes with you, but I learned a huge amount of information, from shea butter and goat's foot rattles to the tricky technique of the slap. Thanks for getting me underway with djembe drumming. —Michael Marzella
- Mark is a dynamic, enthusiastic drumming leader. I have so enjoyed his drumming class! It leaves me feeling refreshed with my brain and feelings engaged. —Georgiana Johnson
- Mark has worked on various projects with Voci Dance, including drumming for our classes and performances. He is a wonderful collaborator and has the ability to work with children and adults, professionals and novices. —Kelli Cummins
- I have taken African drum classes from Mark DeMaio on several occasions. What I really like about Mark is the passion he holds for his music and the integral part it plays in everyday life and well-being. He takes extreme pleasure in being able to share that magic and passion with others especially children. As a teacher and facilitator, he helps everyone, no matter their skill level, realize that the music is inside them no matter what comes out on the outside. He skillfully helps everyone feel comfortable with the musician within themselves, and the sharing of that music with others. He is very supportive and encouraging, and extremely patient with distracted minds adult and child alike. Mark is very highly regarded and recommended. —Aracelis Jaffe
- I'm the church music director at Trinity, and was in and out during your classes last Friday. I just want to tell you how impressed I was with your teaching, and especially your patience and creativity with the bathroom “fieldtrip.” We're glad you're here! —Lisa Moore, Director of Music, Trinity Lutheran Church
- Thank you for bringing such an amazing experience to Tupperware Brands! —Tupperware Brands Corporation
- Make sure you support 3rd Wheel dot Org!!! They are revolutionizing youth enrichment! Stay Tuned! —Adam Barnes
- Great day at Kid's Fringe! Thank you! —Lindsey DeHaan
- Drumming, dancing, and cultural story-telling all through a morning with 3rd Wheel dot Org's Mark DeMaio. This artistic young phenom has a play-based teaching style grounded in neurological research. With an ability to key into any child's learning style, he's one of our kids' favorite instructors. Mark is available for private lessons, but he's also available for homeschool co-ops, after school enrichment programs, and more. As Heather Henson's go-to drummer for Ibex Puppetry and our own homeschool enrichment class music facilitator, his schedule is sure to start booking up quickly so snap him up while you can! . . . The kids respond so well to music and Mark is one of the few people we've been able to find outside of LA willing to work with children so young. He gets what so many don't about music and the human condition. It's unreal and we're lucky to know him. —Renee Rose Currier
- You have always been an inspiration to me by the demonstration of your own musical knowledge and the way you pass that on to the youth so they are totally engaged. —Linda Oberg, Professional Development Specialist, Prodigy Cultural Arts Program